Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pray for Egypt

Please keep Egypt and its peoples, especially our popes and the hierarchs, clergy, and faithful of the Church of Alexandria in Egypt, in your prayers! When I listened to President Mubarak's speech earlier I was sure I was witnessing his resignation and the beginning of a new era, but he did not resign and now I fear that I did indeed witness the beginning of a new era - one fraught with the potential for great suffering and violence.

"Let us give thanks to the beneficent and merciful God, the Father of our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, for He has defended us, helped us, guarded us, accepted us to Him, spared us, supported us, and brought us to this hour. Let us also ask Him, the Lord our God, the Almighty, to guard us in all peace this holy day and all the days of our life." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment