Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Orthodoxy and Traditional Catholicism

I may come off sympathetic with traditionalist Roman Catholics from time to time and there's reason to feel that. I greatly respect their preservation of the liturgical heritage of the ancient West as well as their faithfulness to what they believe is truth. When I'm far removed from Roman Rite Orthodox churches I do enjoy going to traditional Roman Catholic churches from time to time to worship in the way that my Orthodox forefathers in the Netherlands and the Isles worshiped.

When I read traditional Roman Catholics' version of the truth, however, I'm reminded of what a gap separates them from our Orthodox Churches. They may have preserved some of the historic life and faith of the Apostolic Church in the West, but in many ways we are very divided. A good example can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment