Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome! Добро пожаловать! Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog! For years and years one blog was enough, but all at once I moved across the continent (again), started a full-time job, and began a masters class online and suddenly I just didn't have enough things to fill the time and so here we are! My original blog is now a purely personal means to keep family, friends, and random strangers up to date on what's happening in my life.

Now that I've moved I have nowhere to share my crazy, utterly inappropriate thoughts about the contemporary issues and events within Orthodox Christianity, my faith. Were I to do so at my new church I would get the boot - I'm not in the 'I can't hate you 'cause you're my friend' circle yet :-). And I'm 2,309.8 miles away from the Fourth Rome, that shining beacon in an otherwise dark world, and therefore unable to say wacky things in person to my friends there on a regular basis :-(. Hence this blog!

I apologize in advance for feelings hurt, exaggerations made ('I've never exaggerated once in my entire life!' ;-) ), statements over-stated, et cetera. I'm sure I'll write things I'll regret! I'm sure you'll read certain things and go, 'Que?' (Especially if you speak Spanish.) And I'm sure that my thoughts and reactions will greatly change over time, as they have already! But, to use my favorite line from Better Off Ted, "Deal with it!" And so it begins :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment